Melcina Rosas is an international artist born in Panama. She currently lives in New York City but travels often to Panama City to work on projects. For six years, she resided in California while pursuing undergraduate studies in literature. Previous to that she lived in Paris, France for five years while studying French literature and philosophy at La Sorbonne. During this time she also worked at the Panamanian Consulate as well as the Mission of Panama at UNESCO. In 1985 she moved to New York where she continued to participate with the Mission of Panama at the U.N. In 1987 she attended The Art Student League of New York and in 1995 she received her master's degree in Studio Art at New York University.
Professional and Academic Experience
- 2009 Diplomado (Certification) on Diplomatic and Political Affairs, Foreign Trade and Countries as Image at Ulacex,Panama University of Latin American on Foreign Trade.
- 2006 - 2008 L Artisan Parfumeur in New York City.
- 1998 2003 Museum El Barrio, El museo in New York city, Support and Development committee.
- 1988 Artist painter and photographer, art bibliography upon request or available at www.melcinarosas.com.
- 1985 - 88 United Nations New York, Mission of Panama, Diplomate attache and participating member of the Third and Sixth Committee
- 1982 - 84 UNESCO Paris, France, Mission of Panama, participating member of the Committee Rights of the author.
- 1980 - 82 Consulate of Panama in Paris, France, Visas Division.
- 1996 ICP International Center of Photography.
- 1995 New York University, M.A. Studio Art.
- 1991 Independent workshops in portrait and drawing at Parsons School of design.
- 1987 The Art Students League of New York.
- 1981 La Sorbonne, París, Francia, Certification on Civilization and Literature.
- 1979 Drawing studies at La Maison D'Espagne, Paris, France.
- 1980 University of California at Davis, Bachelor's degree in English Literature and French Linguistics.
- Fordham University, Seminar on Principles in Bilingual Education.
- United Nations, Arabic Language Studies.
- Translation of Business texts.
- Catholic Institute in Paris, France Intensive Seminar on Management Economics.
- University of California at Davis, Research and Documentation, Spanish department.